I was having a particularly rough Monday morning. I have been a bit down in the dumps lately with this and that. Nothing that will matter in a year or even a week so I don’t know why I’m allowing it but it happens from time to time. I decided to check my email as I was about to take my first sip of coffee when I opened up “Your blog, https://nikkiolsen.wordpress.com/ has been nominated for the Liebster award.”
My first thought was “crap, I have been hacked.” After a bit of research I also see that my dog’s blog http://sandido.wordpress.com/ was nominated as well. “Shit, why would someone hack a 9 pound helpless dog’s blog?”
Well, none of the above was true. This wonderful person with the blog http://fadinglandmarks.wordpress.com/
not only nominated me but Sandido is getting a shout out as well.
A little more research showed that Liebster is actually a german word meaning:sweetheart, beloved person, darling, dear, darling; beloved, liked very much; affectionate, loving, favorite, preferred above others; liked or loved above others.
Um, are you sure you got the right person? I mean Dido definitely but I am a brutally honest smart ass.
Upon further investigation it seems there are rules and it is more to get the name of us little bloggers out in the big interwebs. It’s actually a huge deal to me to have anyone acknowledge what I really love to do.
I went ahead and put my gown away and stopped writing my speech for the big ceremony and read out loud to Sandido what http://fadinglandmarks.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/spreading-blog-love-the-liebster-award/ said about us. My face truly lit up and I felt proud of the following words:
“A big and sincere thank you goes to all my fellow bloggers for writing such interesting, funny, inspirational, and educational things every day – they are my nominees for the Liebster Award. Check them out and see what I’m talking about:
1. The Life of Sandido – a lucky-as-”chit” dog with a pretty darn good life. Funny, smart and opinionated, he’s sure to put a smile on your face every time you read one of his posts.
2. Nikkiolsen’s Blog – now you no longer have to wonder where Sandido gets his sense of humor. Like mother like son, I guess.”
Oh yeah, she hit the nail on the head. I was elated with these words and the nomination. Talk about a grumpy woman changing her mood from sour to sweet.
However, Sandido wanted his breakfast before discussing his blog.
The 11 questions about myself I am supposed to answer are the following. Here goes nothing.
1. Have you done much traveling? If so, where?
Yep. Usually on a plane, train or automobile. Even a ferry from time to time.
2. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off, or a day just to yourself?
Oh let your imagination run wild.
3. What compels you to share what you do with others?
It’s part of my probation.
4. Who are some of your biggest influences in life?
My girlfriend and Mother.
5. How many languages do you speak?
Drunk Ebonics and English.
6. What is a very memorable experience you have that has influenced you or your direction in life?
Falling out of the uterus.
7. What is an important goal of yours?
To get paid to do what I love. (This.)
8. What is your best tool for dealing with opposition in life?
A screwdriver, definitely a screw driver.
9. What is the one thing you think people need to embrace to enrich their lives and the lives of others?
10. Where is one of your favorite places to go and enjoy or visit?
My Mom’s house on Vashon Island with my love.
11. What are 3-5 words that best describe you?
Nikki, Sarcastic, and a bit off.
Now on to the random facts about myself:
1. My socks will never match again in my life. Once upon a time I had to have them folded, paired, color coordinated and sorted by size. My closet looked like a GAP store. It was a ridiculous amount of time wasted.
2. The more I care less what people think of me the happier I become.
3. I believe my dog rescued me and opened up my closed heart.
4. I’d rather be around my dog or by myself than 90% of the human race.
5. I’m only on number 5 and this bothers me because I am supposed to do 11.
6. There is a rubber chicken above my desk staring at me.
7. I refuse to use the word hate.
8. I am over this randomness.
Now I am suppose to nominate 5 or more blogs with less than 1000 followers.
1. http://lauraagudelo272.wordpress.com/ Because I love funny pictures and the ease of navigation is wonderful.
2. http://bensbitterblog.wordpress.com/about/ Because it makes me laugh.
3. http://annalindthomas.com/about/ Again, I love to laugh.
4. http://lateralloveaustralia.com/ Always brings me back down to earth with a meaningful quote.
5. http://fadinglandmarks.wordpress.com/2014/06/30/spreading-blog-love-the-liebster-award/ Because I like the love of nature portrayed and she hasn’t owned a television in 7 years.
These are the rules for being nominated. I don’t expect anyone to do it unless they choose to.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
– Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
– Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
– Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
– Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
– List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
– Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).”